question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Conflation within the Java EMA library rather than in the TREP

I have a Java app that talks to the ADS/TREP3 via OMM/EMA. Can I turn conflation on, perhaps within the client rather than enable conflation on the ADS where I imagine it will apply to all clients. I want to move from a conflated feed to an unconflated feed but one of my client apps cannot cope with the volume of unconflated traffic. My other client apps want to see unconflated data.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apiconflation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @reasto

Conflation is implemented by the TREP component - the API itself cannot do this for you.

One option would be to create a seperate conflated service on the ADS for those consumers who need conflation and the others can consume from the non-conflated service.

Clients I have worked with often have 2 or more services with different levels of conflation available on their ADS to meet the varying needs of their downstream consumer applications.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you, for now I think we will try listening to specific fields rather than all data. I imagine this puts extra load on the ADS but it seems to be more performant with TREP 3.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @reasto

If you would like to get only specific fields from ADS, you can use Views feature. The feature allows you to request the fields of interest. When ADS receives data, it filters out non-request fields so only requested fields are sent to the application like the figure below:

Please see example360__MarketPrice__View which showcases usage of view request feature.

views.png (33.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.