Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
55 1 3 2

How to Plot Streaming Data from ek.StreamingPrices?

I've successfully used created a cache using ek.StreamingPrices and have been able to see a pandas DataFrame update with streaming prices. However this is all i am able to do. I am wondering how you can further utilize this data and work with it. I am looking primarily to visualize streaming prices but have no luck. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirefinitiv-realtimestreaming-prices
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@r.patel

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @r.patel. Are you using the `on.update = ` parameter to write to the DataFrame? Do you mind appending some code example to your question for that part?

Code that is almost identical to what I was using is in Nick Zinconne's response below

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @r.patel

According to your post, I understand that you already have data in a dataframe.

So you can read this article to visualize the data to many chart types.

https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/user_guide/visualization.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @r.patel,

In terms of what the API can do for you, it will maintain an up-to-date cache of the data - which is what you are currently using it for. It also provides the ability to capture realtime updates through lambda expressions. For example, from the Eikon PiPy page:

With this capability in place, you can visualize streaming data within your applications based on changes in the market.

ahs.png (26.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.