question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

Can I send a message from visual basic ?

Hello, first at all, sorry about my English. My name is Ezequiel and I'm from Argentina and I'm trying to send messages to contacts that I have scheduled in an Access database.

There is a way to do it directly from Access or it would also be useful to do it from Visual Basic. Thank you.

messenger-bot-apivisual-basic
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @ezequiel.mazzucchi

You can find the Messenger Bot API Postman example which gives you a demonstration of how to access the API via HTTP REST requests in Messenger Bot API Download page.

The page also contains a JavaScript/Node.js and Python example source code that shows how to use the BOT API REST and WebSocket connections which can be applied to any programming languages.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@ezequiel.mazzucchi

If I understand your requirement correctly, you want to use Messenger Bot API to send a chat message to specific user on the Messenger. Is this correct?

Basically, the API just provides a set of HTTP requests to send and receive a message from the system. I believe that you should be able to use VB.NET /C# HTTP Client class to send the HTTP requests.

Please refer to a set of HTTP request messages you need to send/receive and its limitation from the following Messenger Bot document.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/messenger-api/messenger-bot-api/docs

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.