For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 1 3 4

RDP Python query

I am trying to make use of the RDP python libaries (https://developers.refinitiv.com/refinitiv-data-platform/refinitiv-data-platform-apis/learning?content=38563&type=learning_material_item)

I have successfully put in my credentials and obtained my token, however when I run any query (eg timeSeries.py) I receive the following error:

(base) C:\Users\u6069419>C:/Users/u6069419/AppData/Local/Continuum/anaconda3/python.exe "c:/Users/u6069419/Documents/RDP Libraries/timeSeries.py"

Getting OAuth access token...

Reading the token from: token.txt

Token expired, refreshing a new one...

Saving the new token

Invoking data request

Unable to get data. Code 403, Message: {"error":{"id":"06474bb7-8def-457e-a3ad-d92426c10463","code":"insufficient_scope","message":"access denied. Scopes required to access the resource [trapi.data.historical-pricing.summaries.read]","status":"Forbidden"}}

Can you advise what this problem signifies? I am running the code within Visual Studio Code python terminal

Thank you

pythonelektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrdp-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jack.coppinger1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @jack.coppinger1,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @jack.coppinger1,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @jack.coppinger1,

Your credentials do not provide you the permissions to view this data. You will need to request to update your credentials. I would suggestion you open a Refinitiv Support ticket and they will guide you with the proper procedures to request for access.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
0 1 3 4

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I opened a ticket and got level 2 access to my Machine ID, but am still having the same issue, do you know if a specific permission has to be added for timeseries? Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jack.coppinger1,

I'm not sure what you mean by "...and got level 2 access to my Machine ID". I would think you would have received a message that indicates you have permissions to access HistoricalPricing. What did you request for?

We don't control permissions within this website - we help with issues using the APIs. If you continue having issues accessing data and have successfully requested for it, you will need to follow up with the helpdesk.

Hello @jack.coppinger1

Please contact your Refinitiv representative to help you verify your permission and the data that you need.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.