question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 33 41

Dex2 request using ISIN

I'm testing the requests for Fundamental data using Dex2 with ISIN code as a search criteria. I saw somewhere that instead of RIC, ISIN can be used.

And it works for most of the cases.

However, I have several examples that it does not work.

ISIN: LU1536459578 . Dex2 request for TR.SEDOLCode field - return NULL

RIC for this ISIN: DLCMSGSG_t.SI . If I use RIC in the Dex2 request, it return TR.SEDOLCode: BF34791

From other side, TR.SEDOL field for ISIN has the same value as TR.SEDOLCode for RIC. But I was told not to use this field because SEDOLCode is newer and has all updates.

I have 20-30 ISINs like this. Why behavior of dex2 is different when I search for ISIN and RIC for this ISIN? I expected the search result will be linked to the same data.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You can do this using RSearch:

=RSearch("EQUITY","IssueISIN:'BMG246371030' ExchangeName:'Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Ltd' RawContextFilter:'AssetState ne \'DC\''")

Then grab the first RIC returned and use DEX2 to get the SEDOL.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I use multiple isin codes in IssueISIN. At some point it complains "Unable to read instrument list" in Excel. Is there any limitation on a length or number of ISINs in the IssueISIN parameter?

There's no such thing as "no limit". There's always a limit of some sort. Not all limits are documented though. This one isn't, so it can only be determined empirically. In my experimentation the cut off is at 59 ISINs. I.e. 60 ISINs is "too many".

I did that test too. 60 was ok, 61 - too many in my case

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

You may want to verify this with Refinitiv Helpdesk, but my understanding is that the relationship between TR.SEDOL and TR.SEDOLCode is the opposite to what you were told. To the best of my knowledge TR.SEDOL has broader coverage than TR.SEDOLCode, and I've been recommending TR.SEDOL and TR.ISIN over TR.SEDOLCode and TR.ISINCode.
In any case content questions such as this one are best directed to Refinitiv Helpdesk. Btw if the Helpdesk will require replication, the issue is very easy to reproduce using Eikon Excel: =TR("LU1536459578","TR.SEDOL;TR.SEDOLCode")

icon clock
10 |1500

I talked to them and I was told twice to use TR.SEDOLCode instead of TR.SEDOL during last 2 days...I will ask them about this ISIN case.

Thanks

Upvotes
646 21 33 41

Another question about dex2 request using ISIN.

BMG246371030 - it returns SEDOL for RIC : 1145.HK

But there is another RIC: COUA.SI and it has the same ISIN.

Is there a way to specify an exchange name to indicate which one I want to use in request by ISIN?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.