For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 1

Error message for POST requests SEQ-case-create-simple from Low-Code-Platform Appian

Hello everyone,

we are currently setting up the test access for the Word Check One API and in Postman every query (POST and GET) works fine.

We get problems when we try to set up POST requests via our own system (low code platform Appian). Get Requests work fine.

I have already cross-checked the different functions with the Postman results. We get exactly the same hash value and content-length as in Postman and also the date should fit (since the GET queries work with our date function as well).

Unfortunately Appian does not provide a meaningful error message.

Our Request Body looks like:

The result of this a!toJson Function is:

{"secondaryFields":[],"entityType":"INDIVIDUAL","customFields":[],"groupId":"5nzbfkc92gu61ekqd9g3h8mxk","providerTypes":["WATCHLIST"],"name":"Clinton"}

Exactly this result I already used as request body in Postman, it worked.

As header we used:

Date: GMT Value

Host: rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com

Authorization: Appian Function (result below)

Content-Length: 151

Content-Type: application/json

As I mentioned before, the various functions yield exactly the same values as Postman, for example we get as a result of the Authorization function:

and in Postman we see the same signature value.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be or has anyone tried to connect to the WorldCheck API via Appian?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

world-checkworld-check-onescreeningposting
1588267746252.png (52.8 KiB)
1588267990552.png (30.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 1

Hello,

thank you very much for your support!

We solved the problem yesterday - we only had to take out the content-length header - that was the problem.

Best regards,

Pauline

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@p.kafitz Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. Thanks for the update

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

@p.kafitz,

Thank you for your query.

We have not come across Appian technology as of now. However, can you please let us know the response code which you are receiving while using the API request via Appian?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 1 1 1

Hello,

Unfortunately I do not get a response code at all - only the following unhelpful error message:

1589182399639.png (20.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

@p.kafitz

As you have mentioned that all your post requests are failing, let us first focus only one POST request and make it work by isolating the root cause of the issue.

Try changing your gateway host to "enmuv7qlbi8vo.x.pipedream.net" and send your POST request to https://enmuv7qlbi8vo.x.pipedream.net/ so that I can capture the HTTP headers and payload being sent and find out what is going wrong.

I would also suggest you to replace your API key and secret with dummy values like API key =1234 and API secret=4321 for this test, as I am only interested to know what are the values being passed.

Also, please specify the API call that you would use for the test.

Kindly let me know if you need further information to see the HTTP headers to the mentioned gateway host.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.