Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

EikonError: Error code 503 | Server Error: API Proxy is not available

Hello,

I am currently receiving this error when I try to run my Eikon API today.

EikonError: Error code 503 | Server Error: API Proxy is not available 

I have already read some previous responses over this issue, however, it did not help me as it seems that similar issues had not been resolved yet to other users.

I also have run this code:

1. import eikon as ek
  2. import logging
  3. logger = logging.getLogger('pyeikon')
  4. logger.setLevel(5)
  5. ek.set_app_key(YOUR_APP_KEY)

and this is the output:

<Logger pyeikon (TRACE)>
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-503
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Javier Alonso.Madrigal Vargas

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Javier Alonso.Madrigal Vargas

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Javier Alonso.Madrigal Vargas

You should contact your local IT support team to sort out the connection issue.

This has nothing to do with the API and cannot be fixed from the API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Javier Alonso.Madrigal Vargas

Please try to follow https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/eikon-data-apipython-troubleshooting-refinitiv

To see if there are any issues with your Eikon Desktop installation?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

The client has provided further information. Could you please look into the log?

Thanks

Upvotes

I have tried to access this site however it doesn't load.

This site can’t be reached
developers.refinitiv.com took too long to respond.
icon clock
10 |1500

Are you on company VPN ?

I just try to access it and it is loaded successfully.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/eikon-data-apipython-troubleshooting-refinitiv

Upvote
21 0 0 2

Hello, I seem to be facing the same issue for the past month suddenly when trying to use ek.get_news_headlines(). I really hope someone can help us with our issue soon, been trying to resolve it for weeks now!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Hello! On Friday after having checked step by step the troubleshooting presentation (and made no changes in my computer), all the codes ran showing this error but at leat everything worked:

However, it is not working today.

1590418515420.png (30.1 KiB)
1590418647618.png (2.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

The client has provided further information. Could you please review the information?

Thanks

Are you on VPN connection?

I saw in another post that if you are on company VPN, the connection got blocked.

Upvotes

Yes, I do. I'm on VPN connection. What would you suggest in this case? Somedays the API works and some others not. Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Can you try to use the API when you are not on VPN connection?

I've tried it out without VPN, not working either. I am currently not in the same country as my office location. In fact I am in a different region. Could this be a possible issue?

Upvotes

Unfortunately, that is not an option for me as I'm working from home.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.