question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 4 7 9

Refining search for PermId

Hi, please correct me if I am wrong but currently PermID search for an organization is only based on name/ticker and search fields as mentioned in the documentation.

For non-listed companies, is there a way to refine the search as there is no other identifier to narrow down the search?

For example when I search a Singapore based, non-listed company I do not have such identifiers and cannot make use of the business registration number (UEN). As a result, PermID.org returns a few rows. I need to manually screen through the results to make sure I am using the correct PermID.

Is there a better way of doing this? Thanks

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Vini,

My understanding is you are running PermId Entity Search.

If this is correct, then you can only search by fields that are described in PermId User Guide, section 3.1.1. "The Query Parameter". It described both singular and combined usage of the available parameters. No other.

You should be able to obtain, within the result, the entities that are part of PermId large store or Organizations.

Some additional information on what is covered can be found in permid.org FAQ

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @zoya.farberov.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.