Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Download of Quarterly data for banks

Good morning Sirs, I am a PhD candidate from Italy and I need some help with data because I am not an expert on Eikon. I need banks' quarterly data for my research but when I try to download them, I see for each quarter the same data (in terms of assets and other variables I need) for each individual bank. In other words, there is no change in data between one quarter and another, so it seems data are annual and not quarterly. Am I making some mistakes in setting the download or quarterly data for European banks are not available? Thanks a lot for the help.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidataDownload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Here's an example of retrieving Total Assets and Total Deposits for a few banks for the last 8 quarters using Eikon Data APIs. For more info on how to go about metadata (field names and parameters) discovery for use with Eikon Data APIs see this tutorial.

ek.get_data(['DANSKE.CO','BAC.N','DBKGn.DE'],
            ['TR.BSPeriodEndDate',
             'TR.TotalAssetsReported','TR.TotalDepositsBnk'],
            {'Period':'FQ0','SDate':'0','EDate':'FQ-7','Frq':'FQ'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.