Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 5

I need documentation for this this API: https://api.edp.thomsonreuters.com/data/quantitative-analytics/v1/financial-contracts. Would you please provide a link?

I need documentation for this this API: https://api.edp.thomsonreuters.com/data/quantitative-analytics/v1/financial-contracts. Would you please provide a link?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirdp-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the timely responses. I can get into the portal and view documentation but I do not have access to the API playground. Can you help me out with that as well?

Hello @adam_strakna,

Developers portal is for learning Refinitiv's APIs, the access to portal is free and is made available to any person who is registered.

API Playground is part of RDP product offering, it entails the access to fee-liable content from RDP services. API Playground access to services is via web-based interface, instead of programmatic.

So organizations gain access to the product and to API Playground together, by purchasing one or more of RDP services or by trialing with intention to purchase.

Please contact your organization's Refinitiv account manager about your interest in an RDP service, they will be able to best assist you.

We (T. Rowe Price) have a contract with refinitiv and currently use the financial contracts API. Pretty sure I've used the playground in the past. Thanks.

Hello @adam_strakna,

Did you have a chance to check your mailbox, any welcome letter for RDP might have remained?

Possible that you have had a trial creds, and they have expired, in which case the welcome letter would have had dates on it, you might be able to confirm this way.

If neither helps, your Refinitiv account manager would be aware of any trials in progress, and may look up a trial in the past, so may be able to assist in at least finding out the status if there was one?

Hello @adam_strakna,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@adam_strakna

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @adam_strakna,

IPA is part of Refinitiv Data Platform APIs area on this developers portal.

If you are presently getting started and learning the API, would suggest:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @adam_strakna,

In addition to @zoya.farberov suggestions, when are within the playground, each endpoint should provide the documentation within the Reference tab. For Financial Contracts, the Reference tab points to the Developer Community (as Zoya outlined) containing the documentation.

ahs.png (37.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

I can get into the portal and view documentation but I do not have access to the API playground. Can you help me out with that as well?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.