Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 2 3

Eikon codes for delisted companies

I'm trying to write a script to download data of delisted companies from Eikon. I have tickers of these companies, so the first step would to create the RIC, which in the case of delisting also includes a suffix of the type ^B19 (where 19 would be the year of the delisting). I have delisting dates, so the digit part is not a problem but the letter seems to be a bit random, e.g. for a company delisted in 2018 it was ^H18...

Does anyone know if there is any logic to this and if it's possible to reconstruct the "delisted RIC" from ticker and delisting date?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-apidatarics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 41 11 20

Hello @mdziel,

The letter signifies the month of the delisting (A = January, B=February …)

Please see How are delisted codes indicated in Datascope for the explanation of the approach, you will need to login with your my.refinitiv customer account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.