question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Refinitive API ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='api.trkd.thomsonreuters.com', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/Fundamentals/Fundamentals.svc/REST/Fundamentals_1/GetFinancialStatementsReports_1

Hi Refinitiv team, We are presently working to pull Response JSON from some Fundamental APIS. Where we are facing issues, Please find below issue :ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='api.trkd.thomsonreuters.com', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/Fundamentals/Fundamentals.svc/REST/Fundamentals_1/GetFinancialStatementsReports_1 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x0000020D04744CC0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond',)).

FYI we are connecting from Python code (Request.post()). Can some one help us on this.

Python Code :

resp = requests.post(refinitive_report_url , json=refinitive_Report_request_json ,headers = header )
resp.close()

rkd-apirkdhttpconnection-errorfinancial-statements
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.2k 53 17 14

Hello @venkataav000

This is seem to be a connection issue between your application and RKD API service. I strongly suggest you contact RKD API support team directly via my.refinitiv.com web site. Please select Product "Refinitiv Knowledge Direct API" as following:

Note: This is not relate to the issue, but please be informed that the RKD API endpoints have been changed from "api.trkd.thomsonreuters.com" to "api.rkd.refinitiv.com". you can find more detail in this https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/pcnpage/11735.html link.

ahs-2.png (15.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @venkataav000,

Try this

fundamerntalsURL = 'http://api.trkd.thomsonreuters.com/api/Fundamentals/Fundamentals.svc/REST/Fundamentals_1/GetFinancialStatementsReports_1'

# RKD Time-Series Interday request message headers
interday_headers = {
    'content-type': 'application/json;charset=utf-8' ,
    'X-Trkd-Auth-ApplicationID': appid, 
    'X-Trkd-Auth-Token' : token
}

# RKD Time-Series Interday request message 
fundamerntalsRequestMsg ={
    "GetFinancialStatementsReports_Request_1": {
        "companyId": "IBM.N",
        "companyIdType": "RIC"
    }
}

Just tested and works for me.

For reference review

https://www.trkd.thomsonreuters.com/SupportSite/TestApi/Op?svc=Fundamentals_1&op=GetFinancialStatementsReports_1

Selecting option INSPECT, it should allow you to see the request being submitted.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi Refinitive Team,

Thanks for quick responce. We are already working with your suggested approach for past few months.Its working fine for some time and later it throws that issue.When we face this issue in the following next coming day itself it will start working.

Can you please help us on this.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi Refinitive,

Yes will definitely connect with RKD API team for this issue. Thanks for all the support and guidance you provided.

Can you provide a info for below question :

Is there any limit in number for getting response from Refinitive API's when trying to ping from a particular IP / Machine ? If so can you provide me the number of tries we can do ?

Thank

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.2k 53 17 14

Hello @venkataav000

You can find RKD API connection detail and information in Refinitiv Knowledge Direct API Technical Connectivity Guide document. The file is available at RKD API download page (please click "documents").

If you cannot find the required information in document, I suggest contact RKD API support team to help you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.