Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Is it possible to use C# or Python API to create/modify rics and fetch them (in local trep or ELECTRON_DD)

Hello,

I'm currently trying to create an API which will depending of the action create/modify/fetch data from Reuters but I didn't find a proper API/library which does that. Is it possible ? If it's possible, do you have an example ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@khalife.sy

Hello,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

@khalife.sy

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @khalife.sy

You can create and then edit or delete those RICS on your local TREP for internal consumption within your organisation.

The ADH component of TREP allows you to define a Cached service in which you can create records etc. I have an article on this website which talks about a specific use case scenario using this ADH cache facility - hopefully you will find some of the information relevant.

And yes you can use any of our realtime APIs to create records in the cache - including the Websocket API. The article above is based on EMA - however, the Post Msg functionality I refer to can be implemented using Websocket - see this tutorial on how to Post messages using Websocket API.

You will need to liaise with your Market Data team in order for them to define the cache service on your ADH.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @khalife.sy

If you do not have ATS product,

On the consumer part, you can use OMM Consumer from EMA (part of ESDK) to consumer realtime data from ELEKTRON_DD datafeed.

On Provider part:

You can use OMMProvider from EMA (part of ESDK).

OMMProvider acts as a datafeed.

You can use OMMNIProvider (OMM Non-Interactive Provider) to publish data to ADH.

If you have ATS product, you can use WebSocket API to consumer and post a message to TREP. (So Python or C# can be used)

https://developers.refinitiv.com/elektron/apis-in-this-family

I think it is better to contact your CSM (or Technical Account Manager) so they can have a discussion with you on your needs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Can I do all these functionalities (create/modify rics and fetch data) with WebSocketAPI ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.