Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 3

Difference between TRDPRC_1.close and .close

Hi,

could you please explain the difference between TRDPRC_1.Close and simple .Close request field? I noticed, that TRDPRC_1 does not work for currencies, but works for indices. And simple .close works for both. Do I extract different data?

Example EURUSDFIXM=WM and .SPX

I am using RHistory API in VBA-Excel

Thank you!

Aleksei

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-apivbarequest
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @aleksei.shvetsov,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @aleksei.shvetsov,

Different exchanges and different instrument types carry different sets of fields.

As developer and Refinitiv Worspace/Eikon user, the quickest way to see

• Which fields are populated for a specific instrument
  • And what values they carry

is Data Item Browser tool:

from my quick test, the two prices indeed differ

Often the description of the field is sufficient. However, in some cases, it is not sufficient, more in-depth information on content is required. In this case, the best approach for a customer is to open a content case on Refinitiv Helpdesk Online directly.

Hope this info helps?

dib1.gif (183.5 KiB)
dib2.gif (205.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.