Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 14 12 14

Retrieve company and ID name change events

Is there a way to retrieve the Corporate actions ID and name changes via RDP or Eikon API?

i.e. can I programmatically retrieve the info in shown in the screen shots:

AFC.NZ Corporate actions All Historical - Name and ID changes

I know how to get symbol changes with rdp (I do not know how to do this with eikon) but not name changes!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-apirdp-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @armandnaude

I tried looking for fields carrying the information using Data Item Browser but I could not find them.

I only found this TR.CACorpActEventType field but it does not carry the name change event.

I would suggest that you contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

And ask the content team to provide an Eikon Excel formula if there are any TR fields carrying the information you are looking for.

(assuming there is a field)Once the formula is given, you can easily use the same field/parameter with Eikon Data API.

ahs.png (11.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.