question

Upvotes
Accepted
66 2 6 11

Received an item event with invalid message stream

Hi Team,

Customer is facing "Received an item event with invalid message stream" with EMA. Can't get any update price and no reconnect. Could you please advise it ? thanks

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
20201116110734.jpg (28.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @gang.chen1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @gang.chen1

I am assuming that the client uses EMA Java (part of Elektron SDK), please correct me if I am wrong.

Basically, the API just receives incoming messages from Refinitiv Real-Time, ADS server, or Interactive-OMM Provider and sends it to the application "as is".

What is the server that the application is connecting to?

Does the problem still persist in the client environment? The client may use EMA Java example100__MarketPrice__Streaming or series300.example370__MarketPrice__Batch example subscribes to the same items from the same ADS server and service as the application in parallel (please enable the API/RSSL trace in the example).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Wasin

You are correct, the EMA is Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1 java version

Customer's application connect to EED

The problem happened once and solved after restart the application. I propose the series300.example370__MarketPrice__Batch example to customer and they did some modification from it.

I will ask customer if they want to enable the API/RSSL trace

Thanks

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @gang.chen1

What is the version of EMA and RTSDK (formerly known as ESDK) that encounter the issue?

Can the client replicate the issue on demand? If so, please ask the client the enable the API and XML trace, replicate the issue and share us the log/trace files. Please see more detail regarding how to enable API and XML trace files in "EMA Java Logging" and "XML Trace" sections of EMA Configuration guide overview article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Wasin,

The vesion shoud be Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1. I will ask if client could replicate the issue. At the meanwhile, what customer should do if they can't replicate it ?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.