question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 3 3

Use data/symbology/beta1/convert operation in .NET RDP Library

I've got a .NET envirnomment and I pull ESG Data with the .NET RDP Library. Additionally I'd like to pull data as in the data/symbology/beta1/convert API for which I'm licensed and I'm able to use on the API playground. But I cannot find this method in the .NET RDP library. Do I need another library for this method?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform.netrefinitiv-data-platform-librariessymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Adrian Marti,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Adrian Marti

The Delivery layer of the RDP.NET library should allow you to use any of the RDP APIs.

Certainly, there is a Symbology Lookup example for RDP.NET on the following GitHub page:

Example.RDPLibrary.DotNet/src/3. Delivery/3.2-Endpoint/3.2.03-Endpoint-Symbology at master · Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.RDPLibrary.DotNet (github.com)

The above example uses the newer https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/symbology/v1/lookup API to convert various symbology types e.g. RIC to ISIN

To clarify my first point above regards the Delivery layer and using it to access the various RDP APIs. If you know the RDP APIs endpoint (URL) and the format of the request message, you can create an Enpoint object, specify the URL and the JSON format request parameters before calling Endpoint.SendRequest().

You should then receive the response which you can decode based on the specific APIs documentation.

I describe the above Endpoint technique briefly with a couple of example API scenarios in my RDP Library Article. The code is in Python, but the technique remains the same

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.