question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 5 5 13

issue to use refinitiv_dataplatform with python

HI i have some problems to use refinitiv_dataplatform with Python. Indeed, when i try to import package i get this error 'File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python38-32\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\dataplatform\core\envmodule.py", line 7, in from config import config_from_dict, Configuration ImportError: cannot import name 'config_from_dict' from 'config' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Python38-32\Lib\idlelib\config.py)'. I get the same problem with 3.7 version. can you help please to resolve the issue. Regards
pythonrdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

It appears that you're missing python-configuration package, which is one of the dependencies of RDP Library for Python. Try running "pip list" from Command Prompt and see if the returned list of libraries contains python-configuration. If you installed RDP Library for Python from PYPI (using "pip install refinitiv-dataplatform"), then python-configuration package should have been installed automatically.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I've the same issue. in the pip list, I have refinitiv-dataplatform 1.0.0a7.post1

What does it mean the last part "1.0.0a7.post1"?

@barbara.petracci
Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators. If you have a new question, please always start a new thread. If you need to reference an existing thread, include the link in your post.
To answer your question, "1.0.0a7.post1" is simply the version number of the library. It has no other significance.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.