Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 0 1 1

CodeBook stuck reconnecting Kernel

Hi, I'm just getting started with Eikon CodeBook. I managed to run some basic queries earlier. After a break during which I was logged off I can't get the CodeBook python Kernel started again. I have tried to kill and restart, log out and try again, etc. - nothing helped. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Screenshot as below.

Update: Clearing browser cache, history and active logins seem to have solved the problem (browser cache alone not btw.); once in a while I observe this error message instead: "Kernel seems to have died. It will be restarted automatically." Is that a common phenomenom?

Thanks for your help,

Christian

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apicodebookconnectionkernel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @chz

For issues regarding the CodeBook application, please submit a ticket to Refinitiv Helpdesk.
This forum is dedicated to things specific to the use of Eikon APIs.
The Refinitiv Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.