Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Retrieve Market Share Screener (MSR) data via API

I would like to know whether there is a way to retrieve data from the Market Share Screener (MSR), which requires Premium licence, via the EIKON APIs in R or in Python.

So far I have not found a way to achieve so and I am stuck export several Excel files manually.

Grateful if you can help. Thanks a lot !

Best,

Cyrille

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@cyrille.guillaumie

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@cyrille.guillaumie

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you know an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi,

Turns out it is not (yet) possible to retrieve these data via the API. I received confirmation from the EIKON support. I guess this ticket can now be closed.

Best,

Cyrille

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @cyrille.guillaumie

Just an idea, would this sample code serve the same purpose?

ahs1.png (51.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but I lack the breakdown by type of trading here unfortunately (Lit, Dark, Periodic auction, OTC, etc.). This would work otherwise.

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@cyrille.guillaumie

You may need to contact the Eikon support team to verify if it is possible to use the Eikon Excel (TR or RHistory function) to retrieve the same data as shown in the Market Share Screener.

If Eikon Excel can retrieve it, we can apply the formula to the Eikon Data API.

You can contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks, I will do as you suggest and contact the support directly.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.