Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 2

Regarding the pandas.np future warning: when will the pandas np module be removed?

Dear support, while running the api I receive the future warning regarding pandas.np deprecated and will be removed in future. I allready import numpy package directly but it looks like the built menu might use the old function. Is it possible to share code so that you can pinpoint where the error is / advise on solution? I also would like to know when the option will be removed.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apipandas
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@w.jorissen

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@w.jorissen

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@w.jorissen

Yes, you can. You can also ignore the warning by using the following code.

import warnings warnings.filterwarnings('ignore')

However, it is better to verify the problem why it shows "EikonError: Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.".

If you would like to verify the problem, please provide the following information.

1. The result of pip list command

2. The trace.log file when the problem occurred. Use the below code to create the log file

import logging
logging.basicConfig(filename='trace.log', level=logging.DEBUG)
eikonLogger = logging.getLogger('pyeikon')
eikonLogger.setLevel(1)

3. Run the attached PowerShell command and share the output.txt. CheckEikonDataAPI16.ps1.txt

You need to rename it to checkeikondataapi.ps1 and run it in the PowerShell command line. If you see the "running scripts is disabled on this system" error, you need to run the PowerShell command as Administrator to change the policy and then use the following command.

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope LocalMachine

After running the script, you may need to change it back to Undefined.

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Undefined -Scope LocalMachine

The script will verify the basic environment for Eikon Data API, such as Eikon Processes, listening ports, PortInUse file, and connection. Please run the script and share the created output.txt file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@w.jorissen

Please verify the version of Eikon Data API that you are using.

According to this thread, the problem has been fixed.

1610960482593.png (4.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 2 2

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I am using eikon version 1.1.2

icon clock
10 |1500

@w.jorissen

Thank you for the information.

Please upgrade it to the latest version.

Upvotes
1 2 2 2

Hi, I updatet the version. But as before, it raises then the error below. That is why I am on the old version which does not give this error. So i ll put it back to 1.1.2 again.

EikonError: Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

Can I keep using 1.1.2 despite the error warning also in future?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @w.jorissen

Are you using the latest Eikon Desktop?

I believe that the 1.1.2 version and 1.1.8 version check the .portInUse file from a different folder path due to the rebranding topic.

If 1.1.2 version works on your machine, it suggests that you are still using the old version of Eikon Desktop which generates .portInUse file in the "old" path.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.