Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 4 3 4

Unable to get Revenue Data

Hi,

I am having 2 issues (see below)

1.) I am unable to get historical revenue data for JETJ.L (see attached picture).

2.) The revenue for DHER.DE is missing a few periods why is that?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@pyquant Please try the code below to get the interim values for all Co's. I hope this can help.

df, err = ek.get_data(['JETJ.L','DHER.DE','AAPL.O','UBER.K'], 
                      ['TR.F.TotRevBizActiv.date','TR.F.TotRevBizActiv.periodenddate','TR.F.TotRevBizActiv'],
                     {'SDate':'2015-01-01', 'EDate':'2020-12-01','FRQ':'FI','Period':'FI0'})

df

1611154317426.png (165.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@pyquant So quarterly reporting is standard in the US but not in the UK - where only semiannual reporting is available for JETJ.L. For DEHR.DE Quarterly reporting started in 2016.

For more complete fundamentals please use our new Refinitiv Company Fundamentals (RCF) content set and statements. RCF is our new strategic content set, with the most comprehensive, accurate and timely data on public and private companies around the world. It aims to provide both company specific data disclosed by the company and also standardized data to enhance the comparability of the financial data of companies from different countries, accounting standards and industries. This is a very large content set that combines the best of Refinitiv Fundamentals and also Worldscope. On average it provides 60% more content than the previous Refinitiv Fundamentals content set. Please try the following code:

df, err = ek.get_data(['JETJ.L','DHER.DE','AAPL.O','UBER.K'], 
                      ['TR.F.TotRevBizActiv.date','TR.F.TotRevBizActiv.periodenddate','TR.F.TotRevBizActiv'],
                     {'SDate':'2015-01-01', 'EDate':'2020-12-01','FRQ':'FQ','Period':'FQ0'})

df

You can find out more about this excellent new content set by launching the RCF app by typing RCFLAND into eikon search bar. I hope this can help.

1611151203432.png (232.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26 4 3 4

Thanks for your prompt reply. So I have another follow up question.

How can I get the semi-annual data for JETJ.l?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
26 4 3 4
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.