question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 2

Would like to browse documentation for DataStream API

Hi,

I am trying to browse the Refinitiv API documentation, but unfortunately, it does not let me, even once I have registered.

My end goal is simply to validate that I can get specific point-in-time data via web calls in an automated fashion.

As such, I'm trying first to see if the DataStream API provides the data that we need, then I plan to check out other APIs if not. Once we find a service with the data we need, our client will likely pull the trigger to purchase it, but we really need to verify we will get what we need before this.

Can anyone assist me in being able to just browse the documentation here?

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/datastream-web-service/Documents

I'm currently being told that I need to log in but I have signed up, signed in and still get a message telling me to sign in.

Thank you,

datastream-apidsws-apidocumentation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @steve.danner,

Datastream API area access is gated, requires you being a member of API family and logged in.

The login to dev portal expires, and there is no notification, till you try to access a gated resource.

To make sure your state is consistent, could you please log out from dev portal, log back in, and then try to access Datastream docs?

Let us know,

Thanks

Hello @steve.danner,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is one of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @steve.danner,

The access to many of the APIs is open to any registered developer, the access to some of the APIs has to be requested, and one would next be approved, than the requester can access the materials. One does not have to purchase the product.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 1 2

Hi, I have tried this several times and still get the same result. I am logged in, but cannot browse the documents.

I'm unsure what you mean by "member of API family". Does one have to purchase an API product in order to browse these documents?

Thank you,

capture.png (52.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @steve.danner,

<private post>

There is a known issue already under works, that if your login (at the top) has expired it will still show your user as logged in. Which is why I have suggested to log out (at the top) and log back in, before trying Datastream again.

Further, for that issue, in rare cases, it may be necessary to clear browser cache and cookies prior to fresh login, and then login and go into API area.

If that does not help, perhaps there is an unknown issue you have encountered. I can setup a brief Microsoft Teams screenshare with you to see the issue, if this is something you would find helpful, you seem on now, would 3pm ET or 3:30pm ET work for you?

Hi Zoya, I have developer tools installed and have cleared both the cache and cookies, logged back in and still no luck. The Teams screenshare would certainly work and I would appreciate it! I am available at 3:30ET if you still can do that? Thank you so much!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.