For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

IdentifierType to get a special asset type

Hi there,

I tried to call a DSS ExtractWithNotes API to get some Instrument details of ISIN SG1Z70955880. I used ISIN as IdentifierType. However it returned me with a MTLF asset type. I wanted to the EQTY asset type details.

Are they any other IdentifierType to call the specific asset type I want. Please take into consideration that I do no know the RIC, and the only information I am given is ISIN.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssapirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @timothyley,

Please include the complete request that you run, as different request types accept different parameters, the complete spec can be reviewed on DSS API Reference Tree?

@timothyley

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply?

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@timothyley

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @timothyley,

Would like to suggest to run InstrumentSearch on Equities, per your required Isin, first:

{
                {protocol}}{
                {host}}{
                {api}}Search/InstrumentSearch 
{
  "SearchRequest": {
        "InstrumentTypeGroups": [           
            "Equities"
        ],
        "IdentifierType": "Isin",
        "Identifier": "SG1Z70955880",
        "PreferredIdentifierType": "Ric"
    }
}

There are several results for this Isin, more then one.

Once you identify which instrument you require, you can request CompositeRequest on that RIc, next.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 3

Hi @zoya.farberov

Here is my request.

{

"ExtractionRequest": {

"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.CompositeExtractionRequest",

"ContentFieldNames": [

"Asset Type", "Asset SubType", "Security Description", "Security Long Description", "ISIN", "RIC", "Common Code", "CUSIP", "Currency Code", "Nominal Value", "Domicile", "FATCA GO Flag", "FDAP Exemption Flag", "FDAP Inclusion Flag", "Coupon Class Type", "Day Count Code Description", "Day Count Code", "Coupon Frequency", "Coupon Rate", "First Coupon Date","Last Coupon Date", "Next Pay Date", "Maturity Date", "Issuer Name", "Transfer Agent", "Exchange Code","Secondary Currency Code","Parent Issuer Name", "Parent Immediate Issuer Name","Parent Original Issuer Name"

],

"IdentifierList": {

"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",

"InstrumentIdentifiers": [

{ "Identifier": "SG1Z70955880", "IdentifierType": "Isin" }

]

}

}

}

I am trying to call for a EQUITY asset type. However, it returned a MTLF.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.