question

Upvotes
Accepted
68 2 6 5

RCC - Certification error

Hello

My customer experiencing an issue that RCC API suddenly become not to work this week.

We get bellow message.

WARNING: loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Warning

Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_1

RsslReactor @16b2bb0c

RsslChannel @56c4278e

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Invalid certificate (Expired): NotAfter: Sat May 30 19:48:38 JST 2020

loggerMsgEnd

Since we worked with Infrastructure and product managers then advised it may happening due to the KeyStoreFile may have problem.

As far as I checked with keytool.exe -list -v command it looks the KeyStore file looks healthy but I still want to ask someone making double check. In order to check the KyStore file, the password may required, hence if someone from Refinitiv dev team reply to me, I would share them over e-mail

Many thanks in advance

Best regards

Noboru Maruyama

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
23.7k 61 15 21

Hi @noboru.maruyama4,

Please advise the client use the latest version of Refinitiv Realtime SDK and also update the Java runtime. This will ensure that their environment has a valid root certificate available in the Java runtime.

If they intent to continue using the older version of their application/JVM, then easiest route would be to regenerate a new keystore file and re-import the certificate into the new keystore. When using this approach they will have to re-import a new certificate every two years or so.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.