question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 4 5

Does EMA support access via an openmama bridge?

Hi, I saw this https://www.finextra.com/pressarticle/60079/tick42-releases-openmama-bridge-for-thomson-reuters-trep-platform but it specifically references TREP, but will it be still compatible with EMA? (hoping that it was a rebranding only).

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtrfaelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @simon.dando

I think the "TREP Bridge" is a product from tick42.

It uses "Ultra Performance API" (UPA) to connect to "Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform" (TREP)

Please note that UPA has been rebranded to "Elektron Transport API" (ETA) and then to "Enterprised Transport API" (ETA).

Please note that TREP has been rebranded to "Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System".

If your question("compatible") means "Can you use EMA to connect to TREP Bridge" or "can TREP Bridge use EMA to connect to TREP"?

- I think you have to contact tick42 to clarify this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Chavalit. I'll definitely contact tick42 also, but can you check if there are any TREP features that have either been removed or aren't backward-compatible since they were move to ETA? Was it only a rebranding?

Hi @simon.dando

The connection UPA and ETA supported is called "RSSL connection" and the data being transported is "RWF".

It is still the same Refintiv proprietary protocol.

So you won't miss anything.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.