Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 1

How to retrieve MSCI index constituents & weights (index shares + weights) ?

For example for MSCI Europe .dMIEU00000PUS the weight in the index for LVMH (one of the constituents) is 1.94% and it represents 277,616,536 shares.

I can get the constituents in Python, but i don't know how to get the number of shares in the index and the weight in the index.

Thanks for your guidance.

Sylvain

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiconstituents
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @sylvain.freneat0

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@sylvain.freneat0

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 1

screenshot in Codebk :

1618925302786.png (64.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 1 1 1

example of what we have inside EIKON. I would like the same in Python

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @sylvain.freneat0,

Please see both answers in this related discussion thread, does this help?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 1 1 1

Hi @zoya.farberov yes actually I found the correct fields to use in combination of an index.

We need to use those fields :

TR.IndexConstituentWeightPercent -> for the Weights of the constituents

TR.IndexConstituentShares -> for the number of shares of the constituents

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.