question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

Intelligent Tagging - IPTC tags

Hi,

I'm looking into integrating with the Refinitiv Intelligent Tagging.

Based on the feature list presented here, I understand that IPTC topics (namely the IPTC Media topics) should be part of the result even for the free tier service.

However, this does not seem to be the case. The result contains topic nodes like this one, but the values are not the IPTC defined ones.

"http:\/\/d.opencalais.com\/dochash-1\/eb17982e-0cd1-35f7-91f0-8f11bd92d33e\/cat\/1": {
        "_typeGroup": "topics",
        "forenduserdisplay": "false",
        "score": 0.976,
        "name": "Technology_Internet"
    },

Am I correct in my understanding that IPTC media topics should be part of the response?

If not, than what are the values for the topic nodes and is there a mapping to the IPTC taxonomy?

Best regards,

Razvan Goga

intelligent-tagging-apiintelligent-taggingopen-calais-apisemantic-metadata-tagging
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS only>

Asked Esther Beyda to help.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?
If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.
This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Razvan Goga

I got the response from the product team:

Yes, Open Calais (the free version of Intelligent Tagging) does support IPTC topic classification.

The 17 IPTC topic tags that might be included in the Intelligent Tagging API response correspond to the 17 first level topics of the IPTC topic taxonomy, with one exception as described here:

Please note that the IPTC classification feature is not actively maintained. RCS (Refinitiv Classification Services) topic tagging, a premium feature, currently supports over 1500 topics from the RCS topic taxonomy. The RCS topic models are actively maintained and enhanced, and each model is optimized to classify news input, and/or research reports, and/or transcripts.

Classification is documented in the API User Guide, under Topic Tagging. There you can read the topic definitions to get a clear idea of the scope of the Intelligent Tagging IPTC topic tags.

ahs.jpg (142.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your reply @chavalit.jintamalit, i'll study the documentaion you provided and com back with further questions if i have any

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.