Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Error code 500 | Server Error

Hi, I am trying to retrieve data from the Eikon Data API, using python (Jupyter Notebook). However, I keep getting the following error:

Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"self signed certificate in certificate chain","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

My code is as follows:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")

ek.get_news_headlines('R:LHAG.DE', date_from='2019-03-06T09:00:00', date_to='2019-03-06T18:00:00')

Other info:

Desktop 4.0.53 (4.0.53072)

Proxy (9.53.0.68)

nest-asyncio 1.5.1

eikon 1.1.10

python 3.8.3

Please let me know what can I do. In the past I was able to retrieve data. I don't know whay now I can't.

Thanks in advance

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @bdelavictoria

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5.7k 21 2 6

Hi @bdelavictoria,

Would you mind letting us know if (i) you are able to connect without going through a proxy server and (ii) if not, do you have access to the proxy's certificate (is it 9.53.0.68)? This debugging step comes from this question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I have similar error, I hope someone can help thx

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @admin01,

Similarly, if points (i) and (ii) are different for you, the answer could be different. Have you had a look at this question?

Points (i) and (ii) in question were from the following extract: "would you mind letting us know if (i) you are able to connect without going through a proxy server and (ii) if not, do you have access to the proxy's certificate (is it 9.53.0.68)?"

<AHS only>

@jonathan.legrand

The user admin01 is a spam user.

I removed all his external URL, but I have not suspended this user yet.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.