Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Error code 500 | Server Error

Hi, I am trying to retrieve data from the Eikon Data API, using python (Jupyter Notebook). However, I keep getting the following error:

Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"self signed certificate in certificate chain","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

My code is as follows:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")

ek.get_news_headlines('R:LHAG.DE', date_from='2019-03-06T09:00:00', date_to='2019-03-06T18:00:00')

Other info:

Desktop 4.0.53 (4.0.53072)

Proxy (9.53.0.68)

nest-asyncio 1.5.1

eikon 1.1.10

python 3.8.3

Please let me know what can I do. In the past I was able to retrieve data. I don't know whay now I can't.

Thanks in advance

eikoneikon-data-apiworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-apierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
6.5k 21 3 6

Hi @bdelavictoria,

Would you mind letting us know if (i) you are able to connect without going through a proxy server and (ii) if not, do you have access to the proxy's certificate (is it 9.53.0.68)? This debugging step comes from this question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I have similar error, I hope someone can help thx

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @admin01,

Similarly, if points (i) and (ii) are different for you, the answer could be different. Have you had a look at this question?

Points (i) and (ii) in question were from the following extract: "would you mind letting us know if (i) you are able to connect without going through a proxy server and (ii) if not, do you have access to the proxy's certificate (is it 9.53.0.68)?"

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.