Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

EIKON DATA API and Proxy

My connection setup is the following:

Refinitiv desktop version 4.0.53 (connection mode: internet)

Python version 3.7.10

eikon version 1.1.6.post3

I have checked that the localhost:9060/api/status returns:

{"statusCode":"ST_PROXY_READY","version":"2.8.0"}

and localhost:9000/ping?all returns:

{"port":9000,"mode":"eikon4","pid":16440,"hasSecure":true,"startedTime":"Wed May 26 2021 14:11:02 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)","subApps":[{"path":"/heap"},{"path":"/ping"},{"path":"/sxs","data":{"hasSecure":true,"sxsApps":{}}},{"path":"/api"},{"path":"/sxs/v1/services/messenger"}]}

When I run the following python code:

import requests
import eikon as ek

r = requests.get(url="http://localhost:9060/api/status")
print("STATUS:\n", r.text)

body = {
    "AppKey": appkey,
    "AppScope": "rapi",
    "ApiVersion": "1",
    "LibraryName": "Eikon Python Library",
    "LibraryVersion": ek.__version__
}

r = requests.post(url="http://localhost:9060/api/handshake",
                  headers={"Content-Type": "application/json"},
                  json=body)

print("HANDSHAKE:\n", r.text)

I get:

STATUS: {"statusCode":"ST_PROXY_READY","version":"2.8.0"} HANDSHAKE: {"code":500,"message":"connect ECONNREFUSED 159.220.1.19:443","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

If I try to run simple get_data(), I will get an

Error code 503 | Server Error
Network error (tcp_error)
Operation timed out 

I'm working behind a corporate proxy, could you please advice on this?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiproxy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The problem is resolved by modifying user account configuration on Refinitiv side.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@jukka.katajamaki01

This issue requires intervention by Refinitiv Support. I created a support case on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. A Helpdesk agent will be in touch with you with the results of their investigation or if they need any info from you. For your reference the case number is 09928838.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue following an upgrade from v4.0.51 to v.4.0.53. I am also behind a corporate proxy, also have the same localhost:9060/api/status and have a very similar error message when trying to request data through the R eikonapir package:

"{\"code\":500,\"message\":\"connect ETIMEDOUT 159.220.1.19:443\",\"statusMessage\":\"Internal Server Error\"}"

From checking with other users in my company, they have the same issue following the upgrade. I've since downgraded back to v.4.0.51 and I can access the API again.

@Alex Putkov. would you know if this is the same issue? And should I reach out to Refinitiv Support?

Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, it's very likely the same problem. I opened a support case on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. For your reference the case number is 10088983.

Great, thank you very much Alex!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.