Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Python returns N/A for ESGC Score of an instrument into a list while DIB on the same instrument reports a value

When I run this code in Python:

index = '.STOXX'

DateR='2018-12-31'

df,err = ek.get_data('{}{}({})'.format('0#', index, DateR), fields=['TR.TRESGCScore'],

parameters={'SDate': '{}'.format(DateR), 'Period': 'FY0'})

Python returns N/A for some instruments like BOUY.PA. However the DIB of the same date and instrument reports 64.44.

How can I obtain the right historical ESGC Score in my Python request for all instruments into an index at a specific date?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@patrick.sentis

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@patrick.sentis

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@patrick.sentis

For ESG scores I strongly recommend to not use the SDate parameter, and instead specify the absolute financial period in the request. E.g. to retrieve the scores for 2017 use

ek.get_data('0#.STOXX(2018-12-31)', ['TR.TRESGCScore'], 
            {'Period': 'FY2017'})

Note that in the above expression the significance of the 2018-12-31 date is only that the index constituents are returned as of that date.

For a bit more color on the issue you experienced, see my answers in the discussion on the previous thread on similar topic following the link below

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/74916/esg-get-historical-data-issue.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @patrick.sentis,

There doesn't appear to be any ESG data for the .STOXX price index. I would suggest you contact the helpdesk when inquirying about data availability.

Regarding BOUY.PA, I am able to retrieve historical scores. You didn't include a code example to confirm. This is what I did:

df, err = ek.get_data(['BOUY.PA'],["TR.TRESGScore(SDate=2018-12-31,Period=FY0)"])
df

The above field was generated by the DIB.

ahs.png (7.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

@nick.zincone.1 and @Alex Putkov: Thank you very much for your replies. Indeed, it works and I have found a similar solution before my query. However the backward updating of rate significantly deprecates any historical study based on the older rates. It's a pity to not have a comprehensive and consistant historical database on ESG data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.