For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Long Running Requests Return no Progress Update - DSS C# SDK

I have a question around the extractwithnotes async call. When running short requests I have no issue seeing the progress of the job on the callback method however when there is a larger request there is no progress or status update (as far as I can tell). The application awaits the aysnc result but it never actually arrives, even if left overnight.

Is there some step I am missing when handling the long running requests? based on the examples I am seemingly handling this in the right manner but something isn't quite right.

Snap shot of calling code:

var progress = new Progress<HttpAsyncStatus>(Handler);

var job = await ExtractionsContext.ExtractWithNotesAsync(extractionRequest, new CancellationToken(false), progress);

Any advice would be appreciated as the examples aren't overly clear on this matter.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssextractionbulk-downloadasynchronous
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

The case 09972123 is closed with the following resolution:

#Send Back
Philip from DSS SWAT have asked more questions in-order to start with analysis, since the INC is in long time in our queue and not received any update we are making the INC as resolved. If any investigation required please re-open and assign back.

hi @alex.smith

I'm afraid we haven't heard from you in a while and we cannot provide further assistance without the details we asked for. I'm closing this thread. If you need any further assistance, please start a new thread.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @alex.smith,

The server returns a HTTP-202 Accepted response for async calls. Upon investigating the HTTP response, I see that the progress header is not populated. It might be a bug or an incomplete feature in the DSS service. I would raise a service ticket with product, on your behalf.

HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: -1
Location: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRawResult(ExtractionId='0x07969d71f57cba22')
Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
Progress: 
X-Request-Execution-Correlation-Id: CiD/9011672/AAAAAA.07969c75cf3cba20/RA
X-App-Id: Custom.RestApi
X-App-Version: 14.5.72.64
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:11:33 GMT
Content-Length: 0

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

If i'm using the C# SDK does the 202 get returned in some way that I can interrogate it? Also aside from the progress feature being empty, when waiting for a long running request I get no timeout or error even if the request has been running for more than 3 hours. Does the session on the DSS side timeout and not return anything? Just trying to work out a way of handling the long running requests thanks

No. 202 is handled by the SDK and not visible to application. The session does not get timed out - you just have to wait longer. You can try to use a intercepting-proxy like Fiddler to capture the HTTP interaction between the server and SDK.

Upvote
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @alex.smith,

I have raised a ticket #09972123 for you. You should directly receive the updates from the DSS support team in email.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @alex.smith

Could you please let us know if you got the answer from the DSS support team via ticket #09972123?

If so, could you please share the answer in this post as it could be beneficial to other users?

If not, you can contact the DSS support team via ticket #09972123 email thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @alex.smith ,

Looks like the support case was closed for the lack of input.

I am hoping that the question was answered outside of the developer forums.

If this is the case, we would appreciate a quick summary of the resolution, as it would help the next developers with the same or similar question?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.