Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
63 10 17 19

CodeBook examples For rdp.get_bond_analytics() not working

@nick.zincone.1 on CodeBook was trying to run Function - IPA - Bond Pricing in the Refinitiv Data Platform Library for Python Examples. For the cell 2:

rdp.get_bond_analytics(universe = "13063CUV0", fields = ["InstrumentDescription","MarketDataDate", "Price", "YieldPercent","GovernmentSpreadBp", "SectorRatingSpreadBp" ])

I get no response. using rdp.get_last_status(), I get

{'http_status_code': 403, 'http_reason': 'Forbidden', 'error': {'id': '1f4cb079-9396-4d32-afa7-912fff6a72d8',

'code': 'insufficient_scope', 'message': 'access denied. Scopes required to access the resource: [trapi.data.quantitative-analytics.read]. Missing scopes: [trapi.data.quantitative-analytics.read]',

'status': 'Forbidden'}}

The examples on equities etc seem to work well. Any advice on what i need to do to get the bond analytics to work? I was looking to build out future cashflows of a bond - and your example is perfect place to start.

PS I have Eikon with API access so i reckon meet the prerequisites outlined in

https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Article.RDPLibrary.Python.BondCashFlow

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform-librariescodebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @rajanraju

I have been advised that you are most likely on the Eikon Research and Advisory variant which doesn't provide access to bond analytics. Please mention this when discussing it with your account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @rajanraju

The error indicates you are not licenced for Instrument Pricing Analytics APIs.

Please speak to your Refinitiv account team to discuss further.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
63 10 17 19

Thanks @umer.nalla . On the page https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Article.RDPLibrary.Python.BondCashFlow : the prerequisites are :

To execute any workbook, refer to the following:

License(s):

Development Environment

• Notebook can be directly loaded into Refinitiv CodeBook
  • Packages: rdp pandas numpy matplotlib
  • RDP for Python installation: 'pip install refinitiv-dataplatform' (if running outside of CodeBook)

I hv Eikon with API access. Are IPA API's separate? Will speak with Account Manager. If the IPA licenses are separate, suggest this information should be part of the Prerequisites.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @rajanraju ,

While you may already have access to data via your Eikon license, you may need to ensure your desktop license grants you access to IPA data. You can follow up with your Refinitiv account team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
63 10 17 19

Thanks @umer.nalla ...My suggestion would be to let the pre-requisites reflect the versions of Eikon which will have access. Would help in clarifying who can access the libraries. And if possible, please consider allowing all Eikon users with api access to be able to use IPA - seems to be an excellent library. I can imagine there are commercial issues involved. Thanks for taking the time to help me get to the bottom of the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @rajanraju

Thanks for the suggestion - @nick.zincone.1 is a co-author of the article, so I am sure he will have noted your comments.

And you are correct, it is down to licencing/commercial issues.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.