question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

EMA C++ can not pass a OmmArray to OmmConsumerClient

I create a class who inherited the OmmConsumerClient, and I pass a OmmArray to the construction function in order to decode the fids that I want

RefinitivClient::RefinitivClient(const OmmArray & fids)

: m_fids(fids)

{

}

void RefinitivClient::decode(const refinitiv::ema::access::FieldList & fl)

{

ElementList search;

search.addArray("test", m_fids.complete()).complete();

}

It will charge all of the fids

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtc++OMMconsumer
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@he.wu

I have tested it with the Cons120 example in the RTSDK-2.0.1.L2.win.rrg package. The main function contains the following code.

OmmArray fidArray;
        fidArray.fixedWidth(2).addInt(22).addInt(25).addInt(30).addInt(31).addInt(3);

AppClient client(fidArray);
        OmmConsumer consumer(OmmConsumerConfig().host("localhost:14002").username("user"));

consumer.registerClient( ReqMsg().serviceName( "ELEKTRON_DD" ).name( "JPY=" ), client );

The decode function contains the following code.

void AppClient::decode( const FieldList& fl )
{
    ElementList search;

while (fl.forth(search))    {
        const FieldEntry& fe = fl.getEntry();
        cout << "Filter Fid: " << fl.getEntry().getFieldId() << " Name: " << fl.getEntry().getName() << " value: " << fl.getEntry().getLoad().toString() << endl;
    } 
}

The output contains the required fields.

1624941943808.png

1624941943808.png (30.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

excuse me, could you give me your constructor function of your AppCLient ?

AppClient::AppClient(refinitiv::ema::access::OmmArray& array) :m_fids(array) 
}

class AppClient : public refinitiv::ema::access::OmmConsumerClient
{
public :
    AppClient(refinitiv::ema::access::OmmArray& array);    
    refinitiv::ema::access::OmmArray& m_fids;
Upvotes
131 1 0 1

Hi @he.wu,

I'm not clear on what issues you are facing or what you are trying to do. Within your decode, you typically walk through the fieldList that is passed and pull out the data. Within your code segment, you don't appear to be processing the incoming fieldList, but instead creating an ElementList. Can you provide more detail?

icon clock
10 |1500

hi @nick.zincone

tks for your return, in fact, I pass a OmmArray which contains all the fids that I need for the construction of OmmConsumerClient.

And then, when I receive the notif of refinitiv, I will decode it, but I can not filter the notif by the OmmArray

void RefinitivClient::decode(const FieldList& fl)

{

ElementList search;

while (fl.forth(search))

{

const FieldEntry& fe = fl.getEntry();

cout << "Name: " << fe.getName() << " Value: ";

}

}

in my code, normally, it will only deocde the fids contains in OmmArray, but it still decode all of fids

Hi @he.wu,

You provided an explanation of your code walkthrough, but what would be more helpful is to describe what you are trying to achieve. Based on what I can tell, is you are subscribing to an instrument that will return all fields and you are only interested in a few of those fields and are attempting to figure out how to filter the ones of interest?

hi @nick.zincone

yes, that it what i want to do, I just want to decode the few fids that I'm interested

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.