Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 4 8

News loaded on Python do not match those on Eikon

I followed the tutorial in Introduction to News Sentiment Analysis with Eikon Data APIs - a Python example | Refinitiv Developers and changed the filter to 'Product:FXBUZ' to get only the FX Buzz news. I realised that the news loaded into Python using the commands in the tutorial are different from those loaded in real-time on Eikon.

The filter should be correct, as the news titles loaded in Python all contain the all contain the "BUZZ" prefix, as do those loaded in Eikon.
In addition, the time filter is also correct, as the dates in the "versionCreated" column in the dataframe loaded in Python are in the same time interval as those in Eikon (loaded in real-time)

Can anyone clarify why this is happening please? Is there something I am missing that's making the Python news incorrect?

Thank you in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@azzopardic That is to be expected as the news via Eikon Data API does not contain all of the sources in the desktop news monitor app.

df = ek.get_news_headlines(query = 'Product:FXBUZ', count=100)
df.head(20)

1625528960061.png

From NEWS monitor app:

1625529021050.png

You can also try:

df = ek.get_news_headlines(query = 'R:FXBUZZ', count=100)
df.head(20)

If you need a more in-depth explanation of what is included and excluded please open a content query via contact us in the Help and Support menu - containing a link to this post and they can provide you with more details. I hope this can help.

1625528960061.png (437.4 KiB)
1625529021050.png (496.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.