question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

Elektron SDK - Java - 1.0.5 EMA VIEW example not working.

I can't seem to get the VIEW mode example to work in the latest Elektron SDK - Java - 1.0.5 EMA. All fields in the image and any updated field in the update, even though only bid (22) and ask (25) are requested.

specifically the com.thomsonreuters.ema.examples.training.consumer.series300.example360__MarketPrice__View example.

I have an RFA application that works OK against my ADS (which has a SNAP_AND_DYMAMIC_VIEW license, so I don't believe it's the environment.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Clive,

I can confirm I see the same.

Either the view is not implemented yet, or the example does not illustrate it right.

In dev guide, in "Supported Features", it is not listed.

Would you like to open an SR on this?

@clive.stokes

Hi,

This question was posted with visibility private to TR developers (see padlock above).

However, after verifying the content, it doesn't contain any sensitive information. I have changed it to public so the entire community can see it.

Thanks

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello clive.stokes,

EMA Java does not fully support View as mentioned in Elektron-SDK1.0.5.java\Ema\README at section 6. ISSUES AND WORKAROUNDS shown below:

Hence, the application still receives all fields.

emajviewissue.png (11.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 1 3

Ok thanks, my bad. However I would question why there is an example in the release for a feature that does not work?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @clive.stokes

Elektorn SDK Java 1.0.7 which fully support dynamic view has been released. You can download it at https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/downloads

If you cannot download the package, please contact RDC admin(rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com).

The fix is mentioned in Elektron-SDK1.0.7.java\Ema\README at section 7. RELEASE HISTORY shown below

I have run example360__MarketPrice__View with Elektorn SDK Java 1.0.7. The application worked proper. Only Bid and Ask field were returned as requested:

emajfixview.png (31.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.