Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Sometimes the Eikon API just randomly returns extra (wrong, duplicated) data

I am trying to get ETP AUM using the Eikon API. Sometimes the exact same request returns extra rows with bad data. Please see below as an example (I am using Python API in python 3.6):capture.jpg

The extra row of bad data appears intermittently but frequently. Sometimes, there is a lot of bad data, e.g. (here is an example from the Eikon terminal):

image-14.png

This appears to be a bug on the back end of the API. Can you please investigate?

eikoneikon-data-apiworkspaceworkspace-data-apirefinitiv-data-platform-eikon
capture.jpg (48.2 KiB)
image-14.png (21.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

due to case number 10530440, https://jira.refinitiv.com/browse/ICW-889 was opened to fix this. as its status is still open so I'm extending the triage for a month

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@apideveler

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @apideveler ,

I'd like to inform you that the issue has been fixed.

1636968066800.png

1636968066800.png (19.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @apideveler

This forum is primarily for API / programming-type questions - most of the forum moderators are not Content experts. So, for content type queries your best course of action would be to raise a Content-Type query on https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/productsupport.html

• select Get Support > Product and Content > I believe content is incorrect or incomplete

1633523534890.png

However, for this issue, I've raised case number 10530440 on behalf of you after I could reproduce the same issue. The support team should contact you regarding this soon.

eikon-data-api-get-data.jpg

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.