For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 3 3

Is there a way to identify primary RIC or OPOL using REST API?

Hi- I am experimenting with using the REST API to search for an ISIN and get all the RICs that exist back. I was wondering if there was a way to identify which of those RICs is the primary one? I saw there is a field called IsPrimaryTradingRIC on the historical reference template, but I am trying to see if there is a way to do this using the REST API as well.

Also, I also wanted to know if there was a way to get the OPOL (official place of listing) using a REST API? I see that OPOL is in the enum for preferred identifier type, but when I try to use it, I get an error back in the EquitySearch API:

"Validation Error:\r\n\r\nThe Preferred Identifier Type Code OPL is not supported; supported values are: RIC, CSP, ISN, VAL, WPK, COM, SED, PID, PIDQ, SIC, SVM, MIC, CIN, SYM"

Thanks,

W

dss-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@waynes

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @waynes ,

I am in total agreement with @Gurpreet that Refinitiv helpdesk content experts are the best way and most efficient way to expert answers for content questions.

If you are a DSS customer, you may additionally wish to take a look at TermsAndConditionsExtraction request:

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC", "CUSIP", "ISIN", "SEDOL", "Issuer OrgID", "Currency Code", "Country Primary Quote", "OPOL"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                { "Identifier": "00209tab1", "IdentifierType": "Cusip" },
                { "Identifier": "IBM.N", "IdentifierType": "Ric" },
                { "Identifier": "US4592001014", "IdentifierType": "Isin" },
                { "Identifier": "B1YW440", "IdentifierType": "Sedol" }
            ]
        }
    }
}

Results in

{
            "IdentifierType": "Ric",
            "Identifier": "IBM.N",
            "RIC": "IBM.N",
            "CUSIP": "459200101",
            "ISIN": "US4592001014",
            "SEDOL": "2005973",
            "Issuer OrgID": "18228",
            "Currency Code": "USD",
            "Country Primary Quote": "Y",
            "OPOL": "XNYS"
        },

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 3 3 3

To clarify, I'm looking for a way to do this that doesn't involve an extraction request behind the scenes - because if I request by ISIN, I believe we would get charged for each RIC returned?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @waynes,

I think Equity Search API should provide some of that information like country, currency and listing exchange etc. See the REST API help here.

It is best to contact Refinitiv helpdesk at my.refinitiv.com for content questions. Moderators of these forums can only answer technical questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 3 3

Thanks - I was trying to avoid using the Terms and Conditions report because I'm pretty sure we would get charged for all of the RICs returned by the ISIN. Was hoping that I could use the REST API, something similar to EquitySearch. EquitySearch does not seem to return this information, as far as I can tell.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @waynes ,

I would then follow the suggestion from @Gurpreet and check with content on the best approach to request the content that you require; as well as to confirm, which of the recommended requests would be counted toward your id quota.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.