Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Get RIC of parent for an ADR (say: BABA.K)

By excel formula (not python), given an ADR code only (say: BABA.K), how do I get the RIC of the ultimate parent? I see the formula to get the ultimate parent code but how to get the RIC of a listed parent? (which presumably is '9988.HK' or a Shanghai RIC in this case)

rics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
14k 30 5 10

For the reference, here's an answer provided by the support team in case number 10915941

To extract the RIC of the ultimate parent of BABA.K, please check the formula below:

=TR("BABA.K","BCAST_REF","CH=Fd RH=IN")

The correct data item is BCAST_REF 
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14k 30 5 10

hi @mhollis

This forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs. The moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every bit of content available through Refinitiv products, which is required to answer content questions such as this one.

The best resource for the content questions is the Eikon support team, which can be reached by submitting queries through MyRefinitv. The support team will either have the required content expertise ready available or can reach out to relevant content experts to get the answer for you.

However, in this case, I open case number 10915941 on behalf of you and the support team is going to contact you soon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.