Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 2

Can I retrieve all mutual fund data via Eikon API with python?

I need to retrieve all fund data e.g. nav, Lipper ric,,.. can I use python with eikon API to retrieve all fund data? because I need to retrieve automatically everyday

eikon-data-apipythonfunds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @tanin

Have you worked through the QuickStart and tutorials for Eikon Data API - Eikon Data API | Refinitiv Developers?

If so, please be more specific as to what you wish to achieve - in terms of content and data. It is entirely possible to consume data using Python with Eikon Data API. Please provide examples of what content you are trying to access.

Also, just to confirm that the Eikon DATA API code can only run on a PC where there is an instance of Eikon (or Workspace) running.

hi @tanin

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question or could you provide the information required for further investigation, please?

Thanks,
AHS

Hello @tanin ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
884 4 2 8

Hi @tanin,

This code is from another thread in the Q&A forum which I believe might be useful for your case:

df, err = ek.get_data('LP40065886', ['TR.FundHoldingRIC','TR.FundHoldingName',
                           'TR.FundPercentageOfFundAssets',
                           'TR.FundNumberOfShares',
                           'TR.FundNumberOfSharesChanged'],
            {'Endnum':'5000'})

df

Also, according to this thread, Eikon API only supports fund data retrieval by asset ID and it does not support bulk download for all data.

Please let me know if you were looking for something different here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.