Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Can you please teach me how to take certain data from Eikon?

Hi, i'm student and need to use Eikon for the first time to get certain information.

I need data from screener. I have to get data from only NYSE, healthcare sector, top gainers, top losers, price, both dates- 1 december 2019 and 1 december 2021. I'm confused how I can take the top15 gainers and losers and download it to excel with prices and price change % at mentioned dates.

I would be very very thankful if you can help me and tell me how I can get these things!

eikoneikon-data-apiscreenerlog-in
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @maria.ka,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @maria.ka ,

This forum can be of most help to you with Eikon Data API usage questions.

I think you are looking to learn how to use Eikon Screener, I would suggest, on your Eikon search bar, to search for "screener", select "Screener online help - learn how to use Screener App", and be guided on getting started with Eikon Screener for a variety of use cases:

screenerlearn.gif

The screener app will help you identify companies and download them to Excel.

If you like to learn how to use Eikon screener via Eikon Data API python, would like to suggest reviewing article Find Your Right Companies with SCREENER | Eikon Data APIs(Python) with all the relevant details.

Hope this information helps

screenerlearn.gif (85.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.