question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 5 7

PermIDs in online reports news RDP API

Your documentation suggests that we use PermIDs for companies as an alternative to RICs, since PermIDs are more stable than RICs and it is also possible for multiple RICs to correspond to a single company. So, we plan to use PermIDs instead of RICs when we parse the subjects of a news response. However, I can see that in the online reports response there are no PermIDs but only RICs. This blocks us from replacing RICs with PermIDs when parsing the online reports response. Is there something that I am missing? Can you please provide a solution to the above issue?

ricspermid-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
884 4 2 8

Hi @pevangelidis,

Thanks for your patience, please see the response below I got from support team:

• Online Reports are only callable by ReportID within the Online Report API endpoint. There is no RIC or PermID filtering capability on this call for a report.
  • Once a Report is called and returned, the individual message components of that report can then be called, where the results will contain metadata that can include RIC(s) but not PermIds.
    • The means by which Refinitiv receives and provides the individual components do not traverse our metadata enrichment process and hence PermId is not appended.
  • The recommendation to rely on PermId for company organization identification is particular to text news and not to Online Reports. Refinitiv can advise that the RICs returned in the Online Report sub-stories can be mapped to PermId using the symbology lookup endpoint https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/symbology/v1/lookup.
    • We will look to update documentation to make this behavior and process more transparent.

Symbology endpoint in the playground highlights this as an example, below should provide a viable solution to resolve RIC to PermId from OLR embedded messages.

{
  "from": [
    {
      "identifierTypes": [
        "RIC"
      ],
      "values": ["AMUN.PA", "LSEG.L"]
    }
  ],
  "to": [
    {
      "objectTypes": [
        "organization"
      ],
      "identifierTypes": [
        "PermID"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "reference": [
    "name",
    "status",
    "classification"
  ],
  "type": "auto"
}

Let me know if this was helpful or you have any further queries

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
884 4 2 8

For the clarification of the content, as this forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs and the moderators on this forum do not have deep expertise in every bit of content available through Refinitiv products, which is required to answer content questions such as this one.

The best resource for content questions is the Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or submitting a new ticket to the support team via MyRefinitiv.

However, for this case, ticket number 11145283 was raised on your behalf and the support team is going to email you soon for clarification of this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @pevangelidis,

Meanwhile, can you please provide me with a screenshot to get a better understanding of how you are using OLR with RIC and PERMIDs?

Upvotes
16 2 5 7

Hello @Shadab Hussain ,

This is the "subject" field of an online report with id "tag:reuters.com,2022:newsml_KCN2MC0ZP". As you can see we cannot use e.g. "P:5000034874" to match "Amundi SA" but only "AMUN.PA" which is a RIC and according to the documentation less stable.

1650460349666.png

1650460349666.png (27.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
884 4 2 8

Thanks for sharing this @pevangelidis, I have shared the response with Support team. I will keep you posted. Meanwhile, did you try any code from your side? If, yes can you share the code snippet?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
16 2 5 7

Hello @Shadab Hussain,

It seems that the symbology lookup endpoint will work for us if we want to use permids instead of RICs. Thank you for your response.

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes @pevangelidis, do let us know if you have any further queries. We would be happy to help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.