question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 4

pydatastream getting RIC from datastream Mnemonic

In Excel's datastream plugin, I have to look up data by datastream mnemonics, and as part of the information available I see the RIC as well. Is there a way to programmatically grab a RIC for a given mnemonic using pydatastream, or another package??

datastream-apiricschain-ricdatastream
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @abdiat,

Let me see if I can be of any help, would you mind sharing a few mnemonics for which I should look for corresponding RICs?

Thank you for your help. Some examples are S&PCOMP, CBOEVIX, VIX050810C, and CVX0206.

hi @abdiat

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
884 4 2 8

Hi @abdiat,

Yes, it's possible to get RICs for the given mnemonics. Please find the code below:

import DatastreamDSWS as DSWS
ds = DSWS.Datastream(username ="*****", password='*****')
ds.get_data (tickers="S&PCOMP,CBOEVIX,VIX050810C,CVX0206", fields=['RIC'], kind=0)

Below is the output of the above code:

1651098681701.png

Let me know if this is what you are looking for and feel free to reach out if any more queries.

1651098681701.png (14.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Also, please note for VIX050810C we don't have any RIC in the above output, I checked and can't find any match for it on DataStream Portal as well. Below is the attached screenshot:

1651098948280.png

1651098948280.png (29.5 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.