Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Hi Team, one of my client is facing a problem of missing data for News flash query (through API) in eikon. News items prior to April 2021 were not fetched in the query. Please help us to resolve. Can anyone help?

Hi Team, one of my client is facing a problem of missing data for News flash query (through API) in eikon. News items prior to April 2021 were not fetched in the query. Please help us to resolve.

Can anyone help?

eikoneikon-data-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Harish Toshniwal

So that we can try and help, please provide the code snippet etc that the customer is using to request the News.

Here is the code:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('Enter your key here')

news = ek.get_news_headlines('Iron Ore IN INDIA AND Language:LEN',
date_from='2019-01-01',
date_to='2019-01-08',
count=100)

Just to add - client would like to get data using this criteria for 3 years what is the best way to fetch this data on a one time basis?

Hello @Harish Toshniwal ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Harish Toshniwal ,

The depth of news available for retrieval via Eikon Data API, as per current Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline is 15 month, this could be the cause.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Harish Toshniwal

My colleague Zoya's reply regards the 15-month window is the one that applies.
If I test with different dates, I can get news up to 15months before today - anything earlier returns zero news stories.

For example, the following returns some stories:

date_from='2021-03-04',
                             date_to='2021-03-08',
                             count=100)

but the following returns nothing:

date_from='2021-03-01',
                             date_to='2021-03-07',
                             count=100)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.