question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 2 5 12

Timestamp of real time updates for RICs using EMA Java API

Hi,

I'm working on java solution using EMA API that subscribes for real time updates for a list of RICs. I need to know the timestamp of each update that originates at the ADS server. Any custom field can configured on the ADS ?

The timestamp doesn't have to from the exchanges. I see the challenges using the timestamps for the exchanges at the below thread.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/48168/rfa-timestamp-flow.html

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mani

refinitiv-realtimeema-apijavatimestamp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hello @Mani.A,

ADS does not timestamp the received data packets, so your only option would be to use the standard data fields with time which is populated by the listing venue, or use the machine local time when an update is received by your application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
15 2 5 12

Thanks @Gurpreet
We will be using the system time for the timestamp of the updates.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.