For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Hi Team, Case Number 11546072 I have a chain RIC, I’m trying to map to an English description using your API. How can I do this I can’t get a description from the InstrumentSearch API endpoint, even though the docs say it should be available

Hi Team,

Case Number 11546072

I have a chain RIC, I’m trying to map to an English description using your API. How can I do this

I can’t get a description from the InstrumentSearch API endpoint, even though the docs say it should be available.

https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi.Help/Context/Operation?ctx=Search&opn=BenchmarkSearch

dss-rest-apidssapisearchchain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@narasimha.prasad

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @narasimha.prasad ,

Benchmark search is intended to search for benchmarks. I am a developer, rather then a content expert, so to me the core of the matter is- conceptually- chain is not the same as benchmark.

Chain is not a benchmark, and in addition, Chain RIC is not a priced instrument, it is a special artifact, created for the requesting convenience. Indeed, it is, in some ways, similar to a benchmark, which is a type of a priced instrument, but it is not the same.

If one is looking for the description of the actual instrument, such as .FTSE or .SPX, that are mentioned in the case, one could use InstrumentSearch request, for example:

{
                {protocol}}{
                {host}}{
                {api}}Search/InstrumentSearch
{
  "SearchRequest": {
    "InstrumentTypeGroups": [
      "CollatetizedMortgageObligations",
      "Commodities",
      "Equities",
      "FuturesAndOptions",
      "GovCorp",
      "MortgageBackedSecurities",
      "Money",
      "Municipals",
      "Funds"
    ],
    "IdentifierType": "Ric",
    "Identifier": ".FTSE, .SPX",
    "PreferredIdentifierType": "Ric"
  }
}

Resulting in:

{
    "@odata.context": "https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(DataScope.Select.Api.Content.ValidatedInstrument)",
    "value": [
        {
            "Identifier": ".FTSE",
            "Source": "FSI",
            "Key": "VjF8MHgwMDEwMGIwMDAzODIwNjMxfDB4MDAwM2RjMDAzZGQ2MzUwMXxGU0l8RVFRVXxFUVRZfEZJRFh8RXx8LkZUU0V8MTI1Mw",
            "Description": "FTSE 100 IDX",
            "InstrumentType": "EquityQuote",
            "Status": "Valid"
        },
        {
            "Identifier": ".SPX",
            "Source": "MXP",
            "Key": "VjF8MHgwMDEwMGIwMDAzOTU3ZTM2fDB4MDAwM2RjMDA0YTgyZTBmN3xNWFB8RVFRVXxFUVRZfEZJRFh8RXx8LlNQWHwwMDgz",
            "Description": "S&P 500 INDEX",
            "InstrumentType": "EquityQuote",
            "Status": "Valid"
        }
    ]
}

If one is looking for descriptions of the instruments that constitute the chain, then Terms&Condtions request may be worth looking into, to see if this satisfies the requirement:

{
                {protocol}}{
                {host}}{
                {api}}Extractions/ExtractWithNotes
{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC", "CUSIP", "ISIN", "SEDOL", "Issuer OrgID", "Security Description"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [

{ "Identifier": "0#.SPX", "IdentifierType": "ChainRIC" }

]
        }
    }
}

Resulting in:

{
    "@odata.context": "https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult",
    "Contents": [
        {
            "IdentifierType": "ChainRIC",
            "Identifier": "0#.SPX",
            "RIC": ".SPX",
            "CUSIP": "78378X107",
            "ISIN": "US78378X1072",
            "SEDOL": null,
            "Issuer OrgID": "80064",
            "Security Description": "S&P 500 INDEX"
        },
        {
            "IdentifierType": "ChainRIC",
            "Identifier": "0#.SPX",
            "RIC": "A.N",
            "CUSIP": "00846U101",
            "ISIN": "US00846U1016",
            "SEDOL": "2520153",
            "Issuer OrgID": "139742",
            "Security Description": "AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES ORD"
        },

However, I am not aware of a request, that will result in the description of a chain itself. To me, the reason is that chain is an artificial concept created, for the convenience of requesting instruments that are united by a common criteria, rather then an official traded instrument.

To verify this information fully, suggest engaging with relevant content expert team via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> DSS

Hope that this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.