Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 6 8

ESG Scores - quarterly/monthly/weekly/daily/hourly

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve either quarterly/monthly or weekly/daily ESG scores. I am studying the effect of M&A transaction on the acquirer's ESG score and want to capture the fixed effect of the deal on the acquirer's ESG score. Using annual scores might not be very authentic for my research. Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

eikonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonrdp-api#contenteikon-com-apiesg
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@georgecambridge001

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @georgecambridge001,

ESG Bulk content is part of RDP ESG Bulk product offering, ESG Bulk - Refinitiv Data Platform information is available on My Refinitiv.

As suggested by @anita.varma ,

if you are interested to find out more about RDP ESG Bulk content:

• and if you are a Refinitiv customer, please engage with your Refinitiv account manager who can help guide and setup a trial for your organization
  • if you are already working with Refinitiv client success team, please bring this requirement to their attention and they will guide you and help you explore the content that is available
  • otherwise, by contacting Refinitiv Sales and Marketing you will be provided the detailed information on the product and guided toward the possible next steps

(as you have registered on developers portal with your private email, rather then your organization email address, we are only able to advise you in general)

ESG Bulk content samples and the detailed product content information can be made available to prospective customers as part of evaluation and trial process, the samples cannot be distributed through the public developers forum.

For general information about RDP ESG Bulk API access, please refer to ESG Bulk Developer Guides and ESG Bulk Data Schemas on developers portal.

Hope that this information is of help

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
176 1 0 1

Hi,
Refinitiv ESG Scores are recalculated weekly.
Currently, the only product delivery for weekly ESG scores is the Point in time ESG Bulk feed through the RDP Bulk file delivery service.

Kind regards

Anita

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 6 8

Hi @anita.varma

Could you please answer following questions:

• Can I get weekly ESG scores of companies in question since 2002 through RDP bulk file? e.g., weekly ESG and pillar scores of Microsoft since 2002.
  • Is it available on excel add-in?
  • Do you have a sample output of such ESG scores?

Have a great day.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
176 1 0 1

Hi @georgecambridge001
Weekly/bi-weekly PIT scores start in 2017, (2021 for category scores)
No, PIT is not available through any excel add-in, only through RDP Bulk.

Do please reach out to your account manager to ask for a sample/trial of the feed.

Kind regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @anita.varma

Unfortunately, my account manager does not use Python. Is there any way to have a look at what the output looks like? For instance, Microsoft's weekly ESG score since 2017. Could you please lease with other developers who specialize in this domain? @zoya faberov

Hi,

The account manager doesn't need to use python. The account manager just needs to add a trial license to your account, so you can have access to the PIT sample data, or a PIT trial.
The code you would need is here:

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/requesting-esg-bulk-pit-content-set--python

However, this won't work until you get the license.

Hello @anita.varma and @zoya faberov,

Could you please confirm the following:

• Weekly scores are available only for overall ESG scores from 2017
  • Pillar scores, that is, environmental, social and governance, are available from 2021 only (is it January 1?).
  • Sub-components of each pillar score, e.g., for environmental - resource use, emissions and innovation are NOT available on weekly basis at all. If so, are you planning to add it? When?

Could you please answer the following:

• Are you planning to provide weekly scores that date back than 2017 for overall ESG and 2021 for pillars? Are you currently working on it? If so, when is it going to be available?

Could you please provide the following:

• Sample output (e.g., screenshot) of the weekly ESG data of any company you wish (e.g., British Petroleum)? I asked for it to my account manager but he is on leave till December. I would highly appreciate if you could show me a sample output of weekly ESG scores.

Thank you!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.