Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 4

Ownership Data Python API

I am trying to download historical ownership data for S&P500 constituents. I am only able to download data for one quarter at a time, and if I try to increase the period, I get 408 error | HTTP Timeout

1668073833769.png

Please help me with a better solution

apipython api
1668073950406.png (92.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @libraryeikon02 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text on the left side of the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@libraryeikon02

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @libraryeikon02 ,

Sorry about the issue that you are facing.

It is an HTTP request timeout. I checked and found that the timeout in the API is around 15 seconds. If Eikon doesn't respond to the ticket request within this timeout, it will throw this error.

EikonError: Error code 408 | HTTP TimeoutException: .

You can contact the Eikon Data API support team directly via the Eikon support team to verify this problem in the Eikon Data API.

You can try to change the timeout value by calling the following method.

ek.set_timeout(100)

If it doesn't help, you may try to reduce the number of requested items or reduce the time range when requesting data.

I hope that this information is of help

Plus, I tried with setting timeout to 100 and the code is executed properly

1668152780031.png

1668152780031.png (49.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.