question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Custom Plug-in for Workspace

Hi,

my customer ask's me if it is possible to customize Workspace and add custom Plug-In/Feature to rgister ESG? Concret to add some more functionality to export excel function.

BR Max

workspace#technology#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @Max Madjarov,

There is a Workspace Side by side API which can authenticate, get data and pass context from a user application to workspace and vice versa. It is not a plug-in per se, and does not sit inside the workspace container, but on the side as a separate application. You can read more about it in this API page and also this article which demonstrates some functionality.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Gurpreet,

thank you for your response. Is there any sandbox where I can test my application without I have to modify customer production software?

BR Max

You can develop it in your own Workspace instance, before hosting it for your customers. I recommend that you reach out to your Refinitiv account manager to speak more about this.
Hi @Gurpreet,

one more question. Does it work for Desktop applications or only web-based ones?

BR Max

Hi @Max Madjarov,

There is a SxS API variant which works with Eikon desktop application. I am not sure if the same is true for Workspace as well. An account manager should be able to find that out.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.