Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
78 3 1 9

400 Bad Request - catch/retries and chunking don't help

Hi,

I am experience a significant worsening of the '400 Bad Request' problem.

My program retrieves a few EOD stats for every Canadian exchange-listed symbol at 5PM Eastern of each day.

I already implemented the retry logic and I am already invoking get_data for chunks of 100 symbols, however it does not help - still too many retries and clearly something is wrong with the product - it's not supposed to be so flaky.

Sample log excerpt:

2018-04-19 15:41:45,469 WARNING Retrying, attempt 15 out of 20...
('entity: ', 'DataGrid')
('payload: ', {'instruments': ['AGO.CCP', 'JP_t.CCP',..., 'BEA.CCP'], 'parameters': {'SDate': '20180418', 'EDate': '20180418'}, 'fields': [{'name': 'TR.CLOSEPRICE'}, {'name': 'TR.TURNOVER'}, {'name': 'TR.NUMBEROFTRADES'}, {'name': 'TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME'}, {'name': 'TR.BLOCKTRADEVOLUME'}, {'name': 'TR.NUMBEROFBLOCKTRADES'}, {'name': 'TR.TSVWAP'}]})
Request: {"ID": "123", "Entity": {"E": "DataGrid", "W": {"instruments": ["AGO.CCP", "JP_t.CCP", ..., "BEA.CCP"], "parameters": {"SDate": "20180418", "EDate": "20180418"}, "fields": [{"name": "TR.CLOSEPRICE"}, {"name": "TR.TURNOVER"}, {"name": "TR.NUMBEROFTRADES"}, {"name": "TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME"}, {"name": "TR.BLOCKTRADEVOLUME"}, {"name": "TR.NUMBEROFBLOCKTRADES"}, {"name": "TR.TSVWAP"}]}}}
HTTP Response: 200 - {"ErrorCode":400,"ErrorMessage":"Backend error. 400 Bad Request"}
2018-04-19 15:42:04,533 WARNING Extract failed.

Any suggestions?

Also, any updates on investigation and resolution of the root cause in Reuters EIKON?

Thanks,

Pavel

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Paul Levin

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
942 9 9 13

This ‘400 Bad Request’ error is a known issue that impacts several customers. Thomson Reuters development teams are working on a solution. I cannot give you any resolution date yet, but I hope you will see some improvement soon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Olivier DAVANT,

Can this question be added to the "informed" list for the above issue? Is there a dev case to track it on, to add an internal note to?

Thanks!

-Zoya

Is there a resolution in place for this yet? I am facing the exact same issue for `closePrice` and tried all possible workarounds but to no avail.

Upvotes
78 3 1 9

I accepted the answer, but would like for someone to follow up with the ETA on the resolution of this ongoing problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.